Analisa
A couple of weeks ago I went back to work full time.  It's a blessing and a challenge. I felt guilty about not having enough time to do the things I need to. I felt guilty about the short cuts. Then I wrote this, and the guilt is no more. Enjoy.






Memorandum
Date: Today
Re: My official shutdown
From: The Brain

Body,

This is a final warning. I've sent various signals. Body you put the cold food in the cabinet, you forgot the keycard, you have been dozing on public transportation and you've been weepy.  These were warnings that you need to do as I say.  In spite of my attempts body, you  ignore them. I see that you want to rebel but you don't have the needed energy. Body you seem to be under the impression that you can  function without me. You let the mouth and stomach take over and eat whatever the eyes see. You allow the eyes to watch late televisions shows. You have even allow the arms to carry loads you know the back can't abide.  So I now I am withdrawing my help. This will resulting in work and home mishaps, constant fatigue, sickness, confusion, then finally depression.

Intelligently yours,
The Brain.


Memorandum
Date: Eternity
Re: Rulership
From: The Holy Spirit
CC: The Body, and The Soul


Dear Brain:

Concerning your warnings to the body.  It is true that my dear one Lisa, has not taken care of late. However that is why she has my Mercy and Grace. I could tell by the tone of your letter there is some confusion about who has final say here.  Lisa's life is not based on her brain or her body but her spirit which is directed by ME.  If she tires herself she only has to come to me for wisdom and I will lead her. Remember my thoughts are higher than yours.  If her body is ill I will heal her. If she is down I will lift her head. So the next time you have any complaints against the body, see me first. For I am her keeper. Because I know you have a tendency toward the carnal, let me make it clear. Lisa's has turned her life over to me, so I run this.

With love,
The Holy Spirit.

Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.--Isaiah 40:31
7 Responses


  1. Anonymous Says:

    Analisa, I pray that God will give you the strength and wisdom to bring honor to Him in your daily walk.

    God Bless You

    Ron


  2. Karen Says:

    Love this post. Life is hard, but hang on, 'cause God's arms are underneath you in case you slip. Oh, love the funny first pic! Blessings**


  3. Am praying for you-- I know firsthand how hard it was for me to go back to work fulltime. It took getting used to it again!


  4. KelliGirl Says:

    What a clever approach. Very well done! Hoping you get some restoration.


  5. Made me smile!

    Now, go take a nice resting wonderful nap and enjoy it! WHen you wake up, have a cookie! :-D