Analisa
Like me I am sure many of you have marveled at the increased amount of earthquake activity. I know the experts say the earth does this all the time and they normally occur without much notice. Not lately. They have been distructive and terrifying to those who found themselves without a solid foundation under their feet. No place seems safe.

So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Psalm 46:2(NLV)


Even if you've never been in an earthquke you might be dealing with an earthshaking event. A few short hours after your child is born the doctor says the baby is not "normal". The short note found on your spouses empty dresser said, I want a divorce.  The single teenaged daughter confesses she's pregnant. The family friend who molested you just called. Your addiction is discovered. You are living with the secret of your rape. The car accident you can't recover from. The invitations have gone out, but she says I can't marry you. The boss says, we can't afford to keep you on. A notice of foreclosure. The death of your parent.  Drugs found in your child's room. The fire. The false accusation. The test results.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all. --Psalm 34:19


Many? I don't know about you but when I read that I want to say "Wait God! I can live with one or two but many?" We like to think if we live right trouble will skip over us. It doesn't. But thank God for his promise to deliver us out of them all. Trust him to do that. God will also give you wisdom to deal with coming events. If you live in an earthquake area in California and have the means to prepare for an earthquake but don't that is foolish. In this day and age a little preparation is wise for us all. Not based in fear, but wisdom. Okay you say I can relate to that, but we can't prepare for everything. I agree maybe not in a physical way but we can spiritually. I don't want to be insensitive, but if you just got bad news DECIDE. While you are wounded and bleeding, while the doctors words are fresh in your ears decide. Decide how you will respond. What will your stand be. Will grief overwhelm you? Will you curse God? Will you ask why me? Will you fight? We must be rooted in grounded in the word.


"Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.--Matthew 7:24-25

Seeking God with prayer and mediatating on his word can prepare your for the worst of days. I have seen God in my own life step in and change circumstances that were hopeless. You have to get stubborn and decide no matter what I will trust the Lord for victory.

For the Lord GOD helps Me, Therefore, I am not disgraced; Therefore, I have set My face like flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed.--Isaiah 50:7



Friends God doesn't step back when these things come upon us. He is there at all times.  He doesn't bring death and distruction. He is the help when it comes.

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me."--Psalm 50:15

You can have peace in the middle of disaster but it takes a committment to God's word. I find Psalms 91 to be a great source of comfort at all times a great daily confession. Peace to you.

Psalms 91
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
6 Responses
  1. Wanda Says:

    This a great post. Live sends us many things to make us quake but a strong foundation in God and His Word helps us to stand strong under pressure.


  2. Parsley Says:

    What a powerful devotion. Thanks.


  3. Andrea Says:

    Great post!
    Blessings, andrea


  4. Jane Says:

    Thank you for your constant encouragement Analisa, how's your writing coming along?


  5. septembermom Says:

    We find all our strength in Him. Thanks again Analisa for another moving post.


  6. Shauna Says:

    HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY FRIEND :)