Analisa
I love my birthday. I was born on this day in 1959.  It was a very good year. There was a time when I didn't appreciate getting another year older. I would sit and think about all the things I hadn't done. All the things I didn't have yet and of course getting older.

Now I appreciate each day.

This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.--Psalm 118:24.


I woke up happy and blessed just like my Father wants me to be.  God wants us to live an aboundant life. Free from stress and worries. Even with challenges I stay close to him to keep that peace. 

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.--John 14:27.



I need it because I plan on living long and strong because God has given us that promise. When I grow up I wanna be an old woman :).

"So you shall keep His statutes and His commandments which I am giving you today, that it may go well with you and with your children after you, and that you may live long on the land which the LORD your God is giving you for all time."-- Deuteronomy 4:40




On April 6th I celebrated the anniversary of my second birthday. The day I gave my life to the Lord in 1982. So I am enjoying my favorite month.  Tomorrow I go to lunch with family and friends to celebrate my birthday and they pick up the tab!
 
 
How do you feel about birthdays?
 
PS. Happy Birthday Shauna over at Trying to Stay Calm!
 
 
6 Responses
  1. Analisa, Happy Birthday! I hope it's wonderful.

    As I get older, the less festive they are. But they still celebrate our existence, and so some excitement is necessary. :)


  2. Parsley Says:

    Happy Birthday! April birthdays are the BEST. Mine was the 9th. Blessings.


  3. Wanda Says:

    Happy Birthday to you and many more.


  4. Lisa Says:

    Happy Birthday to you! I'm with you - having birthdays is better than the alternative. :)


  5. April 16th is an ideal day for birthdays! I know someone who had their first one this year, and my daughter celebrated another anniversary of her 29th birthday (she was born two years later than you were.) May this be your best year so far, and just less than the one coming up.


  6. Karen Says:

    Happy Birthday, Analisa! I don't mind the birthdays, but don't like a lot of fuss for me. Just like family/friends around.