Analisa

On Wednesday night I got what we "temps" have named "the call". The call is what you get at home when the employer is not satisfied with you and has ended your assignment. So I have lost a job and I am moving on.  I could fill this blog with all the reasons it happened but it doesn't really matter. I was put there by God for a reason and that was fullfilled. God is my source. Not a job, not a even a paycheck. The bible doesn't say that my job will supply all my needs according to my job's riches in glory. It says:

And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Phillippians 4:19


So my current duties are as follows: to seek God and listen, update the resume,  post to job sites and fill out applications. God knows the way I take since he established it. So I will increase my time in the word and the path will become clearer.


Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines brighter and brighter until the full day. Proverbs 4:18


The agency called me about another job, with the same type of duties, they wanted me to start immediately. It was about 11:00 am and they were pressing me to start that afternoon. I felt instantly uneasy. I questioned them about the duties and they remained vague. Only that it was working in a call center for a media company. When I hesitated the womans voice became hard. She stated since the other job ended I should be gung ho about this. I asked if I could decide later and let her know. She said they didn't have time for that the company needed someone today. I reiterated that I would like more adminstrative types of jobs. Something they said they would find for me.  I went on to say I didn't want to give the impression I am not willing to work, but would like to do something that fits my skills. Shortly after we ended the call.  I wondered about it for a while until I knew in my heart if I had taken the job it would have been an act of fear, not faith.  Some might think that was a mistake, just take something until you find something else is the common thinking.

The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, But everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty. Proverbs 21:5


Every man's way is right in his own eyes, But the LORD weighs the hearts. Proverbs 21:2




God never shoves you into a door to open it. He opens a door wide and gently points you in that direction so you may walk in. His love doesn't come with threats. When I fully lean on God and not my skills or others he steps in to help. I know God has planned my course and like GPS if I get off track he will redirect me. That means even if I was wrong God's mercy will put me on a path of success as I act in faith by submitting my resume to jobs that will pay the bills and provide benefits for my son and I.  

In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

I am walking on this path armed with more wisdom than I previously had. Not skills but how to work humbly before God. I wasn't used to doing so poorly on a job.  Experiencing that stripped away hidden pride and arrogance and I am the better for it.

God wants us to walk in excellence not self exaltation. Knowing at all times that our help comes from him. Learning not to believe the hype about yourself.  Be careful when folks say...you deserve it or with your skills you can get any job. Give God the credit. I know everything I have is a direct result of God's favor and hand in my life.
 
Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow. James 1:17



He never changes and is a continuous giver. My heart and hands are open to receive whatever he gives and my feet are on the pathway he chooses and that is my great gain.
But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. I Timothy 6:6
8 Responses
  1. Andrea Says:

    GOD will direct your path and HE will show you the right job to take. If you felt uneasy it is likely there was good reason. Listen to the Holy Spirit inside of you.
    Blessings, andrea


  2. I want to say AMEN so loudly here!! I know exactly what you mean when you said you can get any job with your skills, etc. So not true. We get the one God wants us to get. I have applied and interviewed at so many places that I knew I could do the work, but nothing. My pride has taken a beating for sure but I probably had to learn how to be more humble. I think I was growing abit arrogant about my abilities for sure.
    I'm glad you didn't that that job. God doesn't force us throught the doors( I love how you put it) he does open it wide and we experience that peace to go through.
    Praying for you that this might be the week He has your job ready!


  3. Karen Says:

    Analisa, that job did sound "fishy" when no other info was forthcoming. I pray that the Lord will find the job just fit for you and that you enjoy. I sense courage in your post and rejoice in the strength the Lord has given you. Know I am praying. Blessings this day.


  4. f8hasit Says:

    The greatest thing about this entire story is your positive outlook, your trust in yourself, actually listening to your inner voice and God.
    YOU are an inspiration.
    God will most certainly guide you without, how did you so eloqukently put it? SLAM you into the open door.
    :-)


  5. Jane Says:

    Thank you for your sharing sis.


  6. KelliGirl Says:

    I'm so inspired by your calm and faithfulness. It's so easy to start "freaking out" because the future is unknown. Thank you for your powerful example of living a life of blessed assurance! Praying the right job comes your way.


  7. Analisa: you are right, dear sister. God will provide. He is your source; you are his princess. He will care for you.

    Love
    Jen


  8. I believe in trusting those inner voices -- and that woman - well, I feel angry with her...humph....is there another temp agency to work with? or another person at the same agency who has YOU in mind?