Analisa

I hate being frustrated, but I often am. I am not one who likes to take a lot of time on something I consider simple. Like changing a toilet valve. I embarked on this simple project this Friday after breaking the existing one causing water to shoot out of the tank like a fountain. Armed with a new one I decided to replace it this weekend. The one thing they say not to do is to use any putty or glue to seal the attachment to the toilet. The manufacture knows one day it will need replacing and any glue or putty will make removal of the old one, shall we say difficult. The last person who installed it ignored that rule. So two days later I am still turning my bathroom water valve on and off in order to flush the toilet. Then again to fill the tank for the next flush.  I could use my 17 year old son's bathroom.  Have you seen one of those?  Yeah...which is why I would rather be inconvenienced my own clean bathroom.

So on and off since Saturday I have attempted to remove the old valve which has led to my increasing frustration. Along with other "things" that needed my attention I hoped to at least have this checked off my list. Some problems aren't just going to go away in a couple of days or weeks or months, but they have an end date and while I wait for the resolution I have a promise.


Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all. Psalm 34:19




In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me? Psalm 56:11






The toilet tank now has a small leak to go along with it's other issues. Every drop of water I hear is like a taunt from a boastful opponent to try to best them again. I just might. After all I have more than my own hands to help me. I recently read this in an issue of Everyday Life the magazine of Joyce Meyer Ministries.. Ask God for help with the small things and the big things. After all every thing is small to God.

Love that!
5 Responses
  1. KelliGirl Says:

    First of all, I'm so impressed you even attempted to replace the valve on the toilet! I'm pretty handy myself, but draw the line at plumbing. It sounds like you need a plumber. I'm going to pray that God brings one to you.

    I've just started a study on becoming a woman of prayer and your words resonate with what we've discussed about bringing EVERYTHING to God in prayer.

    I've been away from blogs for a bit and have missed stopping by here. Thanks for the visit.


  2. Karen Says:

    I'm impressed too. But I hate it that something you try to do ends up with more work. Yuk. Is there somebody at your church or friend that can help you? Love the Meyer quote. Blessings*


  3. septembermom Says:

    That's a horrible job to try and tackle. I give you credit for trying. The Meyer quote is perfect.


  4. I found you! I wish everyone had their name on their blog:) It would be easier to get here with following so many. I wish you lived closer-- I would send my husband the plumber by to help!


  5. Lisa Says:

    I'm a single mom with a 17 year old son, too. One word: nasty.

    And I LOVE that God cares about even the small things with us. Like you said, they're ALL small!