Analisa


Friday I got scared. I am a temp on my job just getting to a place where I am not drowning. No joke. I felt so overwhelmed that Monday night I called the prayer line of one of my favorite ministries. I got this guy named Ben who listened and asked questions about the job.  He prayed for my skills to improve and that I would have unreasonable favor.  The last thing he said was don't get into fear it will kill your faith everytime. The next day I felt like a boulder had been lifted off my chest. I didn't dread going to work. I had joy in spite of the fact I had much more to do. I refused to worry and focused on giving it my best effort.

"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27.




Well the week went on and I was able to work lots of overtime and I was catching up a little. Then Friday came. I went to the supervisior and asked if I could do overtime that evening like normal and she said said I'll let you know. My shift ended and I lingered because she was in a meeting. So I got an email from some other kinda supervisor about an old case. Before I could figure it out I get another email. This case has been reassigned no need to research it anymore. My translation. You're inept and we need someone who knows what they are doing.  Then I get another email from the kinda supervisor. Please send a list of all your overdue cases. My heart sank as I submitted the list.  I had started working on some others I hadn't touched. I was embarassed and ashamed. Other staff, but not all, have managed to get all the December cases done. I felt defeat creeping in. Then another email comes from a manager at the temporary staffing company I work for. It was to the point. Call me right away. 

I fought the tears back. My mind raced and I got up to see if my friend also a temp had gotten an email. No she reponded but another temp did and seemed upset. Fear gripped me and I went to the bathroom my friend following behind me. I was wiping away tears afraid I was getting fired. My friend handed me her cell phone and I braced myself and made the call.

Hi, this is Analisa.
Hi Analisa I just have some feedback.
Yes. 

You aren't eligible for overtime.
Oh okay.
There is a cold silence as I wait for the other shoe to drop. I broke the ice floating around my neck.
Is that all?
Yep that's all Analisa. Bye. 

Back at my desk I am not totally relieved. I submit my list of overdue cases. I do my timesheet. I put my extra pair of shoes in my bag and wonder if it's wise to leave any personal items there. I get another email. It's official. According to your agency you aren't eligible for overtime, sorry. Have a great weekend. I clock out and go home.
 
I 've done my fair share of wondering what Monday may hold.  Then I decide not to worry about it. Then I decide again not to worry about it. I remember the prayer Ben prayed. I remember that I serve the only living God who does the impossible. I remember these words.
 
For we walk by faith, not by sight-- 2Corinthians 5:7
 

I must keep my eyes on God. It may be a weird was of saying it put here goes. You know what it's like to watch a toddler. You try to keep them in view every second, but it's impossible. The moment you turn your head they fall down. You feel horrid. You comfort them kissing away the hurt. It is a common parenting experience. Only with God when you take your eyes off him you fall. God our father picks you up and kisses away the pain that happened when you looked away. I love him for that.
 
If God wants me to leave this job it won't be as a failure. God has not planned any defeats for me.
 

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

Anyway He got me the gig in the first place, and he has the final say. Bless His holy name:).
5 Responses
  1. Absolutely, Analisa, you leave it in God's hands. And know that if Monday brings something you'd hoped it didn't, it's only because He has something better for you. Head high! Hugs and blessings. Hang in there, lady.


  2. I love your last line! I was right there with you wanting to come to tears as you waited. I will be praying for you tomorrow for good good news. I love your style of writing mostly because it is real and honest. Hang in there. Our God knows our needs!!


  3. Analisa: i will be honored to pray for you my dear. Hold on to the word of the Lord, for unreasonable favor. You are a princess of the King of the universe. Wear that crown with joy! He is proud of you and so am I.

    Love,
    Jen
    Audience of One


  4. Karen Says:

    What a heavy week. I will pray for you, that no matter what, your witness will shine through. I know God honors your commitment to Him. Blessings, dear one. ((hugs))


  5. Oh! Perhaps they just are busy and are only telling you that you can't have overtime - and that is all! yes...that must be what it is!

    Deep breaths and lovely thoughts to you, Analisa - I am sending all things positive and lovely to you -