Analisa

Memories like the corners of my mind...


I remember the final scene in the movie The Way we Were. Katie (Barbara Streisand) reached up to tuck a wisp of hair back into place on Hubbell’s (Robert Redford) forehead as they stood on the streets of New York. It was a chance meeting after the breakup of their marriage years before. The familiar gesture done with such love it just made you ache.

Misty water colored memories…


Memories at times so sweet they fill you with nostalgic longing of days gone by. Yet there is a flip side. Memories so dark and shameful we could never share them. Some recollections are good for life, others can hinder it. There are things on everyone’s “life film” that we rather not see. Yet we should press on like the apostle Paul said. I press on towards the mark of the high calling. (Philippians 3:14). He knew God had a plan for his life. It didn’t matter that he had persecuted Christians and stood by consenting as Stephen was stoned to death. Paul accepted God’s grace and forgiveness for the things in his past. You could be thinking of course he was forgiven, look what he was going to do for God.

We can have a hard time believing the broad brush of God’s forgiveness. We say, you don’t understand. We say, if only you knew what I've done. We say, if you knew what was done to me.  With our own standards there are things we deem unforgivable. Thankfully God doesn’t think the way we do. Forgiveness is a choice God extends to everyone. No exceptions. You just have to take it.

Could it be that it was all so simple then…

Nope the past can be a complicated difficult thing. However God’s mercy can help you begin to take the sting out. With a few simple but powerful words the road to healing can begin. God forgive me and help me forgive others. Release me from harmful memories and let me think on good things.

So it’s the laughter we will remember…



Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Philippians 4:8



13 Responses
  1. septembermom Says:

    Your words are like food for my spirit and soul. Analisa, you have such a gift of empathy, compassion and understanding. Thank you for this reminder about the broad brush of God's forgiveness. God is smiling on you always as you share these powerful messages to help His children. God bless you Analisa!


  2. Karen Says:

    Analisa, this is a wonderful post and using a song I've always liked too. Good witness in word and song.

    Blessings*


  3. You wrote this beautifully! I can see the gift God gave you with writing, Thank you! And I am holding on waiting for my ram.


  4. Beautiful tender and wistful post -- there are some memories that I like to keep buried deep deep deep, far out in the deepest ocean, down into its dark depths, and buried down down down down...yes. some things belong there, don't they?


  5. Analisa Says:

    thanks for the comments and yes Kat some need to stay buried in the deepest ocean. :)


  6. Wow.
    God knew I needed this today. How astute you are, and how kind He is to use your words.
    Loving you and your gift,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE


  7. kendahl a. Says:

    As always, you are a beautiful writer!

    Did you work out today? I just got done. :)


  8. Jane Says:

    Yup Analisa, God has given you an ability to reach out to others which you're using obediently. May He increase your gifts as you faithfully serve Him. God bless you sis. :)


  9. septembermom Says:

    Analisa, I left an award for you on my blog today :)


  10. Flory Says:

    What a beautiful and inspiring post! I used to be one of those who felt I was unworthy of God's forgiveness, but I learned the truth, and a burden was lifted off of me. Now I write about my memories, both good and bad.

    Visiting from septembermom's blog. :)


  11. Jillien Says:

    Very powerful post! Great way to end this long night.

    visiting from septembermom's blog My Voice, My View

    I'm sending greetings from Louisiana,

    Jillien


  12. Analisa Says:

    Thank you Flory and Jillian for your comments and coming over from Septembermom. (She's great!)


  13. She's here Analisa and she's beautiful! I want her memories to be good ones - *smiling*