Analisa

Hold your collective sighs. It is not what you think. You see I am unlucky and I love it. Luck: is success that seems to happen by chance. That’s the definition given in the Encarta dictionary so let’s go with that.

It is almost comical to think I have reached the tender age of fifty by some stroke of chance. Or that life is like the old Doris Day song Que Sera Sera /Whatever will be will be. I actually like the song, the Sly & the Family Stone version, but not the sentiment.

An unplanned life is an unfruitful life. God is a planner. He wants us to be planners too. That doesn’t exempt us from stuff we don’t anticipate. I planned to live out my life sitting at a computer whipping out tales that warm the cockles of your heart, but I am flexible. I took a job this past week and I am fine with that. Eating was in my plan too. “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “ plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you” Jeremiah 29:11-12. See God plans, not little stokes of luck but intentional plans of good. I haven’t abandoned my plans with his help I have enlarged them.


For instance Monday I planned to apply for some kind of government aid (groan)because my job searches had come up empty and needs were pressing. Sunday evening I began to think maybe I should stay home Monday. So I declared I am staying home. I laughed because I knew it was a little prompting from God. Monday morning a call came in with a job offer and I accepted. Other blessings came too after I send an email blast telling friends I got a job, but no way to get there. Soon I had enough to put more food on the table and handle transportation. One dear friend, who is also my computer guy, was blessed with a printer he promptly gave me, with six cartridges. He’s one of the folks who for months after my printer died provided hard copies of my email attachments. I am surrounded by loving caring folks and you. Is that luck? No it is the hand of God who loves me. He wants to help in any way like giving me a printer. My heavenly Father is so good.

The thing is the Father gives us free will. If you want to do it all on your own he will totally let you. He doesn’t overtake your life, he waits for an invitation. I keep my door open to him and he keeps the throne room open to me. I had needs and he met them. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 4:19


Sometimes we think our thing isn’t a big deal. No need to bother God about that when so many are worse off than we are. That’s very umm, well self sacrificing. Only God doesn’t need you to sacrifice yourself. Explore something with me. The first miracle Jesus did took place at a friends wedding where he changed water into wine. Did you ever think about why? Oh yeah they had run out of wine. So what! I mean was anyone going to die from that? Nope. Maybe the host would be embarrassed, but that’s it. Yet Jesus did the miracle anyway. It was done out of love. Your need doesn’t have to be great, it doesn’t even have to be a need. It could be a desire. God plans to meet needs and give you the desires of your heart. I promise you one thing it won’t be by luck. So what do you want? Ask the Father, he is just waiting for your request.. Hey take my word for it. I am the unlucky one and I love it.


 
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8
 
Depend upon the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit--R.E. Shay
16 Responses
  1. KelliGirl Says:

    How awesome that God is with us in the details. We don't have to hope for our number to come up, or for fate or destiny to kick in. He has a good and perfect plan for our lives.

    As you shared, we're not in this alone. God provides. Sometimes in the form of people He sends our way, sometimes in "coincidences" and other times in ways that make us stand up and take notice.

    Thanks for the wonderful examples. So glad for your job and a way to get there, and all the other blessings you've received. God is good.

    You've warmed my spirit tonight.


  2. I never thought of unlucky that way before! Very insightful! Thank you!


  3. Jane Says:

    Analisa, I'm very encouraged by your post. And Philipians 4:19 came to my mind as I searched for an encouraging verse for Ying, so I gave this verse to her on her birthday, now when I see it again in your post, I know it's the right verse Ying has received. The Christian life is so exciting. Yup, I don't believe in luck, God has an eye for details in our lives, He knows even the number of hair on our head, why would He care about that I wonder. :) But He cares all right and we shall all continue to walk by faith and not by sight! Bless you sis.


  4. I agree, Analisa! I don't believe in luck, the same way I don't believe in coincidence. His hand is in it all.

    Good luck with your new job! May it be a blessing for you and your son.


  5. Karen Says:

    Nice twist on "luck." I'll have to remember that one! So glad a job opened for you, and transportation too. May it be a great job and give you much "writing fodder." :)

    Blessings **


  6. Analisa Says:

    Thanks all for your comments! My plan is to keep writing and blogging.


  7. Just Be Real Says:

    Such a wonderful post. My favorite verse is in fact Jer 29:11. Thank you for the encouragement. Blessings.....


  8. Unknown Says:

    Love this post. I'll be back to visit often!


  9. kendahl a. Says:

    Congrats on the job! We're both part of the workforce now. :) I also need to start eating better, especially after Halloween and all the candy. Have a great day!


  10. septembermom Says:

    The best of luck Analisa! I know all will work well for you. You're in God's Hands! Great post.


  11. Wow, don't you love it when God jumps out and surprises you?
    Congrats on your job and all the other goodies from the Throne of Grace,
    Jen


  12. You spoke to me with this post! WOW. You wrote such a twist with this--amazing! I pray your job goes well and that more and more of your needs are met! I will think of you tomorrow:)


  13. Oh! YAYYY on the new job!


    I loved this post about "luck" -- sometimes I say "I was lucky to get published" and my friends say "luck has nothing to do with it - you worked hard for it - your work is why..." but I still use that word "luck"


    And what good friends you have :) yayyy!


  14. Fresh perspective/take on this. I love that when I feel so in the dark about the future, God has plans for me held in his hands, lighting the path for me as I go.
    ~ Wendy


  15. Analisa,
    Please send me your address so I can send you one of my books! You won:))


  16. Diane Says:

    God is better than luck. He does more than we can ever hope or think. Good post! :O)