Analisa

We have all been there. We fall in love and one day words fall from the mouth of that knight in shining armor that pierces our heart. Or a promotion doesn’t come when it was promised in spite of all the overtime you put in. The illness comes back after you followed the treatments to the letter to cure it. Friendships end. Promises are broken. Loans are denied. Calls don’t come. Deals fall through. People don’t show up. You don’t get the job.


After a series of disappointments we don’t expect much. We begin to feel life is a little cruel. We pull our hearts back little by little and keep our emotions hidden. Years roll by and we rarely feel anything deeply anymore. Sometimes we attempt to mask what we do feel with humor, but our laughter is tinged with bitterness. Our world shrinks around us as we build a wall of protection. Why? It’s because we no longer expect the good.


Today I challenge you to get pregnant with possibility. I challenge you to expect more and live by faith in God. Expect success in everything you do. That’s right everything. Think that’s unrealistic? I know bad things happen, but I have decided to expect the good continuously. You can too. The more you expect the goodness of God the more of it you will see because he takes delight in blessing you. You’re the apple of his eye.

I choose to believe when I have to walk home in the dark the angels of God surround and protect me. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11.

When I have financial challenges I expect God to provide. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19


Times when I am puzzled I pray and expect God to give me wisdom. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5.

If worry creeps in I remember his word.
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalms 55:22

See there isn’t an area in life where God won’t help and guide you. He never leaves us alone in this world. He is closer than a brother. God is the one who will never disappoint so just pin every care and hope on him. Have faith in God, he can’t lie. God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? Numbers 23:19


Got that? He doesn’t lie, or break a promise. What God says he does. People will disappoint you, forgive them. Take all your disappointments to God and leave them there. Run to the one who will never leave you. The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8.

You can have great expectations because we have a great God who is willing and able to fulfill them. So pull up a chair to God's table and expect the good.


Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. --Psalm 37:4

This is the best day the world has ever seen. Tomorrow will be better--R.A. Campbell
13 Responses
  1. kendahl a. Says:

    As always, beautifully written.

    And totally written for me. :) Thanks Analisa!


  2. get pregnant with possibility

    I love this phrase! I admit, it gets harder and harder to believe something will turn around once it gets in this pattern--never felt this way before and I don't want my heart to get hard--I know my Lord is in control and I will choose to believe it will all work for good! I met you because of all this! YAY!


  3. septembermom Says:

    Analisa, you're becoming my personal life coach :) I love your wisdom, guidance and advice. Wonderful line to ask us to try to be "pregnant with possibility". With God's help, we can do it. Thank you once again!


  4. You inspire so many, Analisa -- *smiling* (and I know you'd say it isn't you .... but it is!)


  5. Alli Says:

    Love this! Love the constant return to scripture. Love the "pregnant with possibility" phrase. Love your heart of hope and faith.


  6. Cyndi Says:

    Well done/said, good and faithful servant. Thank you for continuing to glorify God by pointing us to have faith in Him. I can see the fruits of the Spirit in you, when I read your words because they help me to apply His Word to my walk.


  7. Analisa Says:

    You guys are so incredibly awesome! Thanks for all your wonderful comments!!!


  8. Analisa Says:

    You guys are so incredibly awesome! Thanks for all your wonderful comments!!!


  9. Karen Says:

    "Pregnant with possibility", I love it. Hey, that's the only way I want to be pregnant now. :0 Great verses, full of hope. Thanks!


  10. Teri Says:

    I love this positive message. Needed it today. Thank you so much.


  11. Jane Says:

    Pray, trust and expect. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good, His Word has provided for us to meet our every need, indeed His grace is sufficient for us! :)


  12. Jillien Says:

    I really needed to read this post today. i will be sharing it with my readers so that they too can learn from the Truth you speak.


  13. Just Be Real Says:

    I appreciate the encouragement. Thank you oh so very much. Blessings to you and yours....