Analisa


Just yesterday a situation I found serious sent me on a mini crying jag.

The situation resolved itself in an hour or so but that was too late. The dam had broken and the salty water ocean of my brown eyes burst forth.

While it was happening I was mortified, because it was witnessed by my son. Even with that factor I was unable to plug up the flow. I kept saying I was ok. Then I blamed hormones. At fifty I can perform a nifty little trick, I can be premenstrual and premenopausal at the same time.

When I finally dried up I was thinking I’ve never done that before. Whoa! My brain like an efficient secretary went to the files and pulled out a reference. My mind flashed back to spring of 2000. Where I was sitting at a bus stop crying into my cell phone. Before arriving at the bus stop I held it together for over an hour in a dental chair at a teaching hospital. I endured shot after shot but they were unable to anesthetize the area needing work. In the chair I was calm and smiling after each failed attempt. How did they know it wasn’t working? The shuddering moans coming from me. Finally the instructor comes into the room. He quickly sums up the problem and apologizes. An infection and my high blood pressure are the culprit. I leave with a future appointment, walk two blocks to the bus and fall into a crying jag.


If you don’t bend you will crack. If you don’t crack you will break. Crying is a signal to us that something is wrong. It can be a release for pent up pressure. A red light warning. I am the master of holding it together and I know I am not alone. Some of you have been carrying a weight that God never gave you or intended for you to carry alone. He is telling you set it down, because he will take it. This can be difficult for me because I like being the one who helps, not the one who needs help. Maybe you are the same.

This heart God put in me is tender, just like yours. Sometimes it doesn’t want to be the strong one. It cries out to God. It breaks. Tears flow and I admit my weakness. Then I find I am healed. Let’s hear it for crying out loud.

Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.--- Psalm 55:22
14 Responses
  1. Jane Says:

    Hey Analisa,
    We're going through the same experience, and our hormones at our age REALLY so play a part. I think we're more sensitive at this age, not only to the environment but to God's Spirit as well. At first I was like, "Sheesh, what have I turn into?" Then I figure out, "Thank God, I shall use this positively, to give more heed to His leadings, and cultivate this discerning tender heart to meet the needs of others." Cheers Analisa. :)


  2. Alli Says:

    Great post. There's a song we used to sing in church with the line "Break my heart for what breaks Yours..." and I love that line. I need to humble enough to be broken-hearted before Him.


  3. septembermom Says:

    Wonderful post! I felt like you were speaking directly to me since I'm very sensitive this week. I can't change how I'm built. Sometimes you just need to let it all out. Emotions can be overwhelming at times. Thank you for your kind advice on my post too!


  4. Analisa Says:

    Jane-LOL, another thing we have in common

    Alli-We sing that song(Hosanna) too and yes that line hits my heart.

    Septmom- I am so glad this was timely for you. Just goes to show how God see us just where we are.


  5. How does God do it?!

    I am so in a state of being emotinally exhausted-apathetic right now. I received some unsettling medical news yesterday and I felt hopeless. Giving up is so appropriate right now.

    I didn't cry or yell, I felt nothing emotionally. I'm done.

    Then each blog I've visited today have directly or indirectly hit on this!

    smooches,
    Larie


  6. f8hasit Says:

    Sometimes a good cry is what we all need.

    Let go and let God. That's my motto.
    :-)


  7. Your blog looks beautiful! I love these changes.....


    I am bad about being a "non cry-er" - I remember the day I said I was not going to cry when someone hurt me - I was a teenager - I remember what was happening and how I felt and the power it gave me to stop myself from crying no matter how much it hurt....but, how sad.

    beautiful post.


  8. I think God cries when we sin, because He knows how bad it hurts us, and the broken fellowship with Him breaks His heart.

    You go ahead and cry, dear.

    Love you, Jen


  9. Diane Says:

    Thank you for your post. I do feel at times I shouldn't cry, but I don't want to crack or break either. Thank you again. :O)


  10. Great post. Often letting yourself be weak is so much harder than pushing yourself to be strong.


  11. Margie Says:

    Oh, loved this post!
    I can't tell you how all the "buckets of tears" I have shed have given peace to my heart.

    Oh, love the new look of your blog.

    Margie:)


  12. KelliGirl Says:

    I love this line "If you don't bend you'll crack. If you don't crack you'll break."

    Sometimes an outpouring that comes from the depths of our souls is just the cleansing we need. Sometimes all it takes is the littlest thing to get it started.

    Thank God He hears our cries and wipes away our tears.

    Blessings,
    Kelli


  13. Aleta Says:

    Well, gosh, after reading this, you are making me want to cry. Beautiful post and so very true. I don't like to feel or appear weak. Lately things have stockpiled and I feel tension building up. I needed to read this post. Thank you.


  14. Teri Says:

    I was just thinking the other day how men are known to not cry as often as women. It has been proven that women are able to release stress and pain more quickly because they just let it all out with a good cry. I wish we could convince men that it's cool to cry when you need it.

    Excellent message today.