Analisa

When I was a kid growning up in DC fights in the neighborhood or at school came with the territory. At school it was a sporting event. Some kid would holler, FIGHT!
Kids would run from everywhere to circle around the two combatants as they punched it out. Some spectators cheered, and some held the fighter's coats. Loyal kids prepared to jump in and take over if their friend was losing. Picture a circle of bug eyed faces looking down at you getting your brains pummeled. 


I looked forward to the day when I wouldn't have to fight anymore. Like Sofia in The Color Purple I grew tired of fighting. Can you say it with me? "All my life I had to fight. I had to fight my daddy. I had to fight my uncles. I had to fight my brothers. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men, but I ain't never thought I'd have to fight in my own house! I loves Harpo, God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead 'fo I let him beat me."

Before I go on let me say this, childhood was cool and I live a non violent life. I just love that quote from the movie. However I am still fighting. The difference is my opponent doesn't house itself in skin. It is a sneaky emotion called discouragement. I hate it. I won't tolerate its existence for long in my life. I will battle until discouragement yells uncle and runs screaming into the streets.

Discouragement shows up uninvited because I refuse to throw it a party of pity.  It starts the fight with a sucker punch. A harsh word, a failure, a hard task, a rejection or illness. I put on my gloves and we dance around the ring. I win every round, but it comes back because discouragement didn't get the memo. So let me send it out again. I am not the sad, fearful, negative woman I used to be.

You see there was a time when discouragement would stride boldly up to me and smack my face so hard the lights would go off when it left. I would stay in darkness as days, weeks, months, years, and  decades rolled pass. Covered in a cloak of depression.  Yes, that is what my life was like. Full of hopelessness.


Thank God that was then. Now I have weapons. Discouragement comes but it has lost its power because I have snatched it away. I jump over the ropes looking discouragement square in the eye. I level it flat round after round. My punches are fast and fierce. BIFF! POW! My future is so bright I gotta wear shades. KICK! My latter days will be better than my former.

 Discouragement staggers and I go in for the knock out. THWACK!   God loves me. POW! I have a great life. THWACK! Look I've got comments! LOL, and I really do laugh out loud.

Now just for fun when I see discouragement attacking someone else I jump in.  Lemme at it! I win everytime!





Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. Psalm 31:24

Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses I Timothy 3:12
13 Responses
  1. Teri Says:

    I am so glad you don't let discouragement win anymore. I decided long ago that I love a challenge. Even if it's difficult, I love taking it on.


  2. septembermom Says:

    You go girl!!!!! Keep up the good fight:) I gained so much from reading this excellent post. I love your positivity and determination to keep discouragement away. We all need this kind of self-esteem boost. Love the Psalm quote. Words to live by each moment.


  3. Margie Says:

    Oh, you are inspiring!
    Wonderful post!

    Margie:)


  4. Yes! I am with you in this! love this post!
    jen


  5. Michelle Says:

    Now that was a powerful post -- and it made me smile, too. Go you!

    And the fighting thing? Totally not what I ever knew, but my husband taught for seven years in a district like that and wow... the stories he tells. Not exactly a healthy environment for anyone!


  6. Analisa Says:

    Thanks to you all for your wonderful comments! I really am encouraged by them!


  7. What a great and encouraging post. Thanks for sharing it! I also wanted to tell you, your comment on my blog the other day inspired me--watch for another 007 oriented post in the next week or so. ;)


  8. YES! KABLOWIE POW BAM_A>LAM!!!!

    I love this post!

    There was something else I was going to say but now I can't remember what it was....dang.- oh yeah ! I love that video of the girly screaming guy too on AFV!


  9. Diane Says:

    Great attitude! It's sometimes easier to fight for someone else and pull them through than me at times. :O)


  10. Jane Says:

    Good visuals, fighting discouragement in a ring. Yup, we have to face them negative emotions, be it discouragement, fear etc. deal with it and we'll win for God is on our side. :)


  11. Anonymous Says:

    It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Hello !.
    might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
    Do you want to become really rich in short time?
    That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://tenykijop.1accesshost.com/voxigu.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Good day !.
    You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to start , just click this link http://avezyjyxi.builtfree.org/dybonom.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money