Analisa




The different ways we express ourselves fascinates me. Not just the words we say but what and how we produce. I was watching a PBS program this week that featured crafters. There was an American Indian who did elaborate authentic beadwork. A college professor who wove textiles and mixed colors using only the most rudimental tools and dyes. A blacksmith who designed the wrought iron scroll style gate that's still popular in the south. A mind blowing glass maker and a group of potters that formed stunning pieces. Most of these folks stepped into the role of teacher to pass their skills along to the next generation.  That's how God wired us.


In Exodus 35:35 it says, He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers—all of them master craftsmen and designers. I love that. God endowed us with a little of himself to share with everyone. So we sing, act, cook, play, dance, write, paint and birth all manner of lovely things including babies. Then we get to enjoy what we have made, in this blue sphere of his creation.


Creation hangs on the walls of galleries and museums. It stands proudly in store front windows. Its notes float out of concert halls from instruments and throats. Its colors and textures strut down runways and we pluck them from the racks.

Some are creative thinkers and have given us wonderful technology and research that makes our lives easier. Or it takes form in the way the gifted tame chaos to create order that somehow remains flexible. It inhabits the one using ten bucks to feed a family with flavor and flair.  All that jazz takes creativity.

So tell me…

Do you think you're creative? Do you want to learn something to enhance your creative side? What would you like to pass on to the next generation? What creative expression is most like you? Come on share. We can inspire each other.
 
Men are like trees: each one must put forth the leaf that is created in him---Henry Ward Beecher






11 Responses
  1. I think my creativity comes through in my writing most of all. Then there's cooking and photography, although I'm not very good at it yet. :)


  2. Through my writing - it's how I perceive and experience and interpret my world. I do like my photography interpreation too (I sound like Angie up there! *laugh* - except I rarely cook!)

    When my son says he wants to write, I am thrilled - of course I want it passed on, but, if he does not, that is okay because he will find his creativity where it is found.

    I love this post.


  3. septembermom Says:

    What a great post to make us think and plan for our creative adventures! We do all have the "clay within" to sculpt something wonderful. I try to exercise my creative muscles through poetry. The Exodus quote is perfect for this post. Thanks!


  4. Jane Says:

    Creativity comes from the right side of our brain, since all of us have both sides, we're all creative to a certain extent. :) boring intro ... I think we need to be creative in the way we see things, don't think the usual way most folks do, make sense? As a sales person, I have to learn to be creative in my presentation, different strokes for different folks. If my husband doesn't hear me, I have to be creative in getting his attention... etc. :)

    Oh Analisa, my hotmail seems to be giving me problem, did you receive my latest email sent yesterday? See, reaching out to you through your blog instead of standard email is creativity too. :)


  5. Analisa Says:

    Thanks all
    Jane-yes i got your email and sent off a response. I didn't log on for long on yesterday.


  6. Analisa:
    I love the passage you quoted! I have always been nourished by that one.

    Most of my creativity finds its outlet in writing, although I also enjoy singing, teaching and speaking. Antyhing related to words!

    Thanks for asking. The Lord bless you and keep you,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE


  7. KelliGirl Says:

    "Or it takes form in the way the gifted tame chaos to create order that somehow remains flexible. " Loved this post, but especially loved this phrase.

    An artist doesn't copy, she expresses what's in her soul. She speaks a language all her own, yet universal as well.

    I wouldn't say I'm an artist, but I'm creative. I've dappled in lots of arts. Years ago I was very involved in photography, but moved away from that once I had children. Now my creativity seems to be channeled in my writing, although I hope I return to photography and some of my old creative pursuits.

    Loved the verse in Exodus too. Isn't God's artistry amazing!


  8. Teri Says:

    I've known that I am creative since I was a little kid. It sometimes was hard for me to understand when people would say that they couldn't draw a straight line. I just didn't get it. Of course, I am not so great in the higher maths, so I guess that makes up for it. :-)


  9. this is so beautifully said. Sarah


  10. I have a great blog post you might be interested in. Take a peek!http://tracey-jane.blogspot.com/


  11. I love your blog look! And yes, I think I'm creative with my writing. Tried so many other things and just kept pulling back to this!