Analisa
In the bible, I Kings 3&4 is a story about King Solomon. He followed his father David,(of David and Goliath fame )and became King of Isreal.
One night Solomon dreamed that God came to him and said "Ask what I shall give to you" So Solomon asked for wisdom and God gave it to him. When Solomon awoke he was full of ideas, concepts and creativity. Later in the 4th chapter it was said of Solomon that he had largeness of mind.
In today's words, Solomon had the ability to think big. We had this ability naturally as children. Remember? When I grow up I am going to be a singer/football player/doctor /ballerina/ president/astronaut. We thought big and we weren't shy in our imaginations. We tell our children you can be anything you want. That's true, but are you what you want to be?
What is that big thing you pushed to the side because you have kids to raise, a mortage due or think you are too old? What pokes around your head in the middle of the night when the house is quiet and says remember me? Have you said "There has to be more to life than just this?"
What do you really want to do? Stay home with your kids? Open up a school? Start your own business? Write a book? Become a chef ? Give money away? What is in your heart friend?
Write it down. No matter how foolish or how far away it seems. Find some small step you can take towards it. Let that dream live again. Ask God, the ruler of heaven and earth to guide you. He loves a big thinker .
Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come and not delay."
Habakkuk 2:2-3
2 Responses
  1. I put aside my writing for over twenty years, and now I am doing what I love, what I have always wanted to do - what I was meant to do. It's wonderful *smiling*


  2. Oh I love these thoughts. I try to live by them and for the most part have always been able to find a little piece or more of my dream. For me, now, it's writing and I love it!