Analisa
Have you ever been on the edge of life. When you could have a great rescue or a huge disaster. Like Daniel when he stepped into that den of lions(Daniel 6).  When he was about a foot away from that den what do you think crossed his mind? Is this gonna hurt?  I mean really wouldn't you think that way? We like to super spiritualize the folks in the bible but they were men and women like us. Maybe Daniel knew in his heart he was going to be fine. Or maybe he didn't know it until those lions looked at him like he was a plate of broccoli. Or when that angel showed up in the den and said "Don't even think about it Scar"

Daniel and his friends were living on the edge. . I mean it isn't everyday you have to trust God to deliver you from a firey furnance.  Yet they were even a little cocky about it.

Then Nebuchadnezzar in rage and anger gave orders to bring Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego; then these men were brought before the king. Nebuchadnezzar responded and said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the golden image that I have set up? “Now if you are ready, at the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery and bagpipe and all kinds of music, to fall down and worship the image that I have made, very well. But if you do not worship, you will immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire; and what god is there who can deliver you out of my hands?” Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. “If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. “But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”--Daniel 3:13-18 

Did you notice they all answered the king? There were three replies recorded in scripture. I can just picture it. Shadrach says We really don't have nothing to say to you. Meshach points his finger and says But just so you know God will deliver us. Then just for good measure Abed-nego adds, Even if we get burned we still won't worship no statue.  Ok that's the Analisa translation but it gets you there.

When your life is on the edge you must have confidence in what God is able to do. That He has your back.  I recently got caught up in my limitations and forgot this truth. Yet the bible is clear.

Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. Hebrews 10:35


Daniel and his friends expressed confidence in God. In His power and ability to come to their aid with power and might.  I might be on the edge, but as a good friend reminded me I am not on the edge of disaster. I can brag on the God I serve. He is well able to met every need and cause me to win just like Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and A bad Negro...that would be me. LOL. Oh yeah the confidence is coming back.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.-- 2 Corinthians 2:14




6 Responses
  1. Andrea Says:

    Blessings and prayers,
    andrea


  2. Karen Says:

    Good words again, Analisa. Thank you.


  3. Praying for you too! I like how you said this. I'm on the edge but I have God still so I'm not going to go over.
    Any news??


  4. Jane Says:

    Hey, I was reading the same passage yesterday, and I REALLY love their replies. Sometimes I'm confused by this faith issue, I mean we trust God to deliver us, but sometimes He has other plans and He doesn't seem to be delivering us, well then, whether He does or not, we ought to believe what the Bible says, that He is love and He loves us and He has our welfare in His plans for us, so we'll still follow Him and Him only.


  5. Amen -- those boys have given us excellent examples. The faith they displayed resonates for us today.