Analisa

I am not a fan of waiting. I prefer not to do it at all but I have learned to do it well. The best method for me is to entertain myself during the lull. Like the line at the grocery store. I don't stare down the unprepared woman who is tyring to find her checkbook in a hand bag so enormous she will need a flashlight. Nope, I just pick up a magazine from the rack and glance over the pictures and skim the articles.  Yeah it is easy for me when it is simple. Not so much when it's life altering and the wait is an extended one. So much time can amass that I can wonder if change is really coming.  I know you have been there, might be there now.

Tired?  Wondering how many more hits you can take? How much longer before you turn that corner?   Don't give up. God has a plan and it is a good one. Why am I still hopeful about things I am waiting on? I know God can break through at any moment with the end to my wait.

In the bible there was a woman who had "an issue of blood". Some bible commentaries said it was either from the womb or the bowels, equally awful. For twelve years nothing changed. On top of that there were religous laws she had to follow.

" 'When a woman has a discharge of blood for many days at a time other than her monthly period or has a discharge that continues beyond her period, she will be unclean as long as she has the discharge, just as in the days of her period. Any bed she lies on while her discharge continues will be unclean, as is her bed during her monthly period, and anything she sits on will be unclean, as during her period. Whoever touches them will be unclean; he must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening.'When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean.---Leviticus 15: 19-28 



Not only is she addicted  broke divorced unemployed sick but it limits what she can do.  No going out with friends, no trips to the theater, no vacations, no wedding invitations no invitations at all. The situation changed the way she related to the world around her. How lonely she must have been. Yet one day she heard about Jesus. She ventured out, and made her way through the crowd. How did this sickly woman manage to get so close?  Maybe the crowd recognized "the unclean woman" and stepped away from her.

And a woman who had a hemorrhage for twelve years, and could not be healed by anyone, came up behind Him and touched the fringe of His cloak, and immediately her hemorrhage stopped. And Jesus said, "Who is the one who touched Me?" And while they were all denying it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing in on You." But Jesus said, "Someone did touch Me, for I was aware that power had gone out of Me." When the woman saw that she had not escaped notice, she came trembling and fell down before Him, and declared in the presence of all the people the reason why she had touched Him, and how she had been immediately healed. And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace." ---Luke 8:43-48


God stepped in, and suddenly it was over. She was healed. She didn't have to meet any criteria or be good enough or deserve it. She just knew it was  possible. Jesus said "...your faith has made you well" In other gospel accounts of this story it says she spent all her money trying to get well.  She was at the end of her rope, no more money and still sick?  No more money and the mortgage is due, kids need clothes, and the list goes on.  Don't get hung up on what you can see. Believe God in spite of what you see.
Push your way in. Tell him what you need even if that means confessing you're afraid he won't help you.  Start seeing yourself and your household healthy, out of debt, rescued and restored.  Then write down the victory you expect to have.

"Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision. And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run. For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay. --Habakkuk 2:2-3 God has not forgotten you. Stay in faith and believe his word. Your touch from God will come suddenly, in the fullness of time.  Isn't that worth waiting for?
 


 
8 Responses
  1. KelliGirl Says:

    This is so good. You really captured the bleeding woman's POV. How amazing and wonderful and inspiring that she didn't need to be or do anything specific to be healed. She just had to reach out her hand and have faith.

    God's timing isn't always our timing...and how hard it is to wait...but thanks for sharing that He's worth waiting for.

    Blessings to you.


  2. septembermom Says:

    "Believe in God in spite of what you see." - so right on point. Analisa, thanks again for an inspiring post.


  3. You are so good at getting to the meat of the matter. Once again, I feel as though someone understands exactly where I am many days even though I am trying hard to stay positive and focused on what I know God will do.
    I just read something that reminded me to ask God for that sign that he is hearing my prayers to help and then listen and watch with my ears and eyes and see that he is. I am!


  4. I have a rough time waiting too, dear. I think most of us do. What helps me is to realize that God is working behind the scenes even when it appears nothing is changing, and He could break through my mpossiblity 'suddenly.' I love that about Him, and yes, it makes the waiting worthwhile.

    Love you,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE


  5. Karen Says:

    I hate the word wait, unless I am using it. :) I'm so glad the Lord gives us all these promises. Good post, Analisa.


  6. Analisa Says:

    Thanks all for the comments. U too anonymous emailer.


  7. Jane Says:

    Hi Sis, you may enjoy this song,
    http://daysofourlives-jane.blogspot.com/2009/11/saviour-please.html


  8. septembermom Says:

    I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!