Analisa
As I write this, tomorrow will be September the 9th, 2009. Some folks are expecting great things just because time is passing and it will land on that day. Oh don’t get me wrong I am not a pessimist. I am a very sound optimist.
I know numbers can represent different things. Even preachers will tell you 7 is God’s number of completion, 8 his number of increase. I have not deeply explored these concepts. So I will leave it to the theologians for now, but I like the thought of it.
How much do you think it mattered the last time the calendar hit these triple digits on 9/9/1909? Here’s the only reference I found for that day. "Jack Johnson fights Al Kaufman to no decision in 10 for boxing title." Nothing earth shattering for us. It wasn't even that good for Jack and Al.
What I really want to know is what are you expecting on 9/9/9 if anything? Are you expecting some cosmic drop from the sky? A better chance if you play the lottery? I don’t recommend it, but would joyfully take some cash if you win.
What do you expect from life on any day? I expect each day to be better. When challenges come I expect to handle it better than I would have last week or last year. Looking for the good I expect better. Period.
Day to day we should fill our hearts with hope. We should get up and declare. “Something good is going to happen to me today!” Say it like you mean it. When good comes your way, and it will friend. Remember to smile and say, “Thank you”.
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.—Romans 5:5
This is the best day the world has ever seen. Tomorrow will be better.—R.A. Campbell
5 Responses
  1. i have really liked this space. this great work of expression work. i have been visiting friends blog and have realized how good it is to share and address issues raised by others. write on and keep the good spirit.

    www.twohoursbefore.blogspot.com


  2. First let me tell you I loved your Christmas story! And second, I try too to get up each morning and say that same thing--that something good will happen today--because that possibility is always there:) what a good son you have too!


  3. Something good did happen to you... you won a giveaway on my blog (for being a loyal reader)! Have a look at the link below (see part 2 of the giveaway)

    http://wordstotakeaway.blogspot.com/2009/09/9909.html#comments

    x
    Lisa


  4. Oh sorry, that was a link to you!!!

    here's the link:

    http://theredthreadblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/blogiversary-giveaway.html